What is the purpose of the Users page?
Following your first deployment with Masternaut, a user has been created for your company (usually the fleet manager in charge of the deployment).
However, other people may need to have access to Masternaut Connect (management, managers, site managers, depot managers, drivers, transversal functions (finance, human resources, etc.), etc.).
These people will have specific needs, will subscribe to reports or alerts, may have restricted visibility on Connect depending on their role in the company.
Where can I find the Users page?
- First click in the main menu (on the left-hand side of the page) on “Settings Alerts & Locations” button
- Second click in the secondary menu (top of the page) on the category “User” button
From here you can manage who can access your Connect website.
- To quickly find a specific user, put a detail in the search box and click on "Search".
Create a new user
- To add a new user press the "Create" button
Then fill in the box that appears including giving him a role, and which groups within the site they can see. You can also adjust a number of other user settings, including their role and the group they have access to here.
- User Name: Although any User Name can be selected, we recommend using the users e-mail address
- Full Name: Users Full Name
- Email address : the user's email address
- Language: Determines the website language for this user
- Time zone: Select Time Zone according to the user‟s location
- Role: The level of access this user will have to the website features
- Group: The Hierarchy level for this user to limit their view of vehicles.
- Then press "Save" to save your creation
Update or delete existing user
- To edit or delete an existing user, select the "Actions" button on the right hand side of the user
Then select which aspect you wish to change. Make the required changes and click on Save.
- Delete: Will delete existing user
- Change full name: Update full name of the user
- Language: Determines the Connect website language for this user
- Role: Set role for this user
- Group: Assign the group attached to this user. The Hierarchy level limits the view of vehicles for the user.
- Set time zone: Set time zone
- Unit preferences: Set Distance, Fuel, Fuel Consumption and Speed parameters for the user
- Change email address: Change user's email address
- Reset password: Reset password for the user. An email will be sent to the email address set up for this user