EV transition tool
EV Transition tool
With MoveElectric, you have unlimited access to Masternaut’s EV transition tool, to assess which vehicles in your fleet you could move to electric. We analyse your operations data, such as the travel patterns of your vehicles, to help you find out which vehicles would be suitable to switch to electric, and which models available on the market today may work for you. You'll also be able to estimate the impact on your running costs and CO2 emissions.
Getting you started on the EV transition tool
To get you started, we've already set your EV transition tool with some basic parameters, however we would always recommend the following steps to tailor the assessment to your very own situation :
- Start by choosing a time period (date range) in which you want to analyse the suitability of your fleet to go electric. You can also choose the group of vehicles concerned, based on the hierarchy in Connect. Don't forget to adjust the vehicle type as well, whether it is cars or vans.
- Choose the model of the electric vehicle you wish to use in the evaluation, and the results of the analysis will be automatically updated.
- The graph will show the ability of your vehicles to switch to electric, in particular the need to recharge a vehicle in the middle of the day, which most fleet operators prefer to avoid:
- A vehicle in green is "always within range": there would have been no occasion during the chosen period when this vehicle would have needed to be recharged during the day to carry out operations.
- A vehicle in yellow is "mostly within range": on some occasions during the chosen period, the vehicle would have needed to be recharged to complete operations.
- A vehicle in grey is "frequently over the range limit": on frequent occasions during the chosen period, the vehicle should have been recharged to complete operations.
- Find out the impact of going electric on CO2 and daily operating costs. You can decide whether or not to include green and yellow vehicles.
- You can also export the results of your analysis to a spreadsheet
Refining your transition scenario
Select "Options" to refine the parameters of your assessment. You can change the fuel and electricity cost, as well as adjust how you plan to charge your vehicles.
You can also adjust the tolerance over range : if you set the threshold at 15%, that means a vehicle will only be considered “over range” when it performs a total mileage in a day which is equivalent to the vehicle range + 15%
You can also select the threshold which will determine whether a vehicle is frequently over range. If you set the threshold at 20%, that means that a vehicle must go over range for at least 20% of the driven days to be considered frequently over range.
Zoom in on specific vehicles
In the chart below, you can zoom in to find out which specific vehicles would have been over range on specific days, including the maximum mileage, as well as minimum and maximum over the time period selected.
Explore in detail every vehicle in your fleet, to understand their status in terms of suitability to move to electric, and see the impact of transitioning them to EV on Co2 and operating cost.
You can also click on each vehicle to see suggestions of electric vehicles that may also work for your operations, and find out more about their technical specs.