How to give access to the SmarterDriver mobile app
Please note that drivers already set up as My Connected Fleet users can use their credentials to access SmarterDriver.
For you to complete this process, you must first ensure that:
- You have administrative privileges on roles, drivers and users on My Connected Fleet
- You have the list of names and emails of your drivers, and the registration numbers for their respective vehicles ID if they’re not permanently assigned to a specific vehicle
Create a default role for Drivers
Drivers need My Connected Fleet credentials to access the SmarterDriver mobile application.
You need to create a default role to assign to all drivers that will only give them access to their own data.
- Go to Settings, Alerts & Locations
- Select More
- Select Roles
- Name your Role "SmarterDriver"
- Click Create
Now you will see the SmarterDriver role you created. You will need to now set up the features available to users who are assigned that role.
- Click on the Actions pencil icon
- Click on Select features
This will open the "Select features" page. Enable all SmarterDriver mobile features you want the driver(s) to have access to.
Keep Clock checked to avoid a fully empty My Connected Fleet when drivers create their password.
Granting SmarterDriver access to an existing driver
Go to Settings, Alerts & Locations > Drivers
Fill out email addresses, select the appropriate role (SmarterDriver), language, time zone and measurement criteria (km or miles etc.). Click Save.
Select the driver(s) in the list and click on Actions > Enable as user.
If you grant a driver access to the SmarterDriver mobile app and they are not assigned to a specific vehicle or are not assigned a Driver RFID identification card, you will see an explanation mark icon appear next to their name on the Drivers list. If you hoover of the icon you will see the following warning message:
Granting SmarterDriver access to new drivers
Go to Settings, Alerts & Locations > Drivers and click on Import Drivers Web Users
This will open the "Import Drivers Web Users" page.
- Prepare your import .csv file with information in the following order:
- Driver name
- Group name
- Associated vehicle name (optional)
- Driver RFID (optional)
- Dallas Key (optional for European customers)
- Driver Tacho ID (optional for European customers)
- Tags (optional)
- User Name
You can click Download sample CSV file to have an example.
- Use Browse to select your .csv file
- Select the user settings applying to all users (including their role, defaulted to SmarterDriver) and click Import
Drivers will only be able to see their journeys in the mobile app if they are associated to a vehicle. This can be a direct vehicle association or through an authentication method (Driver RFID, Dallas Key or Driver Tacho ID).