Retrieving recordings from the time of an event
Cameras continuously record trips of more than 100 meters. Find all of the recordings, organized by group and dashcam, in the Recordings area.
Once you select a camera, the main window loads recording history, and you can navigate through the recordings for the camera, viewing:
- recordings from road-facing lenses and in-cab lenses
- recordings by date and time
Navigate to the Relevant Camera
- To view recordings from the Recordings area, click The Recordings panel opens.
- Navigate to the camera for which you'd like to view recordings.
- Click on the camera. Navigation tools and the recordings load in the main pane.
Filter for the recordings you need
You can filter for recordings in Timeline View or File View.
Filter by Timeline
From the main pane, filter and view the recordings you need as follows:
- From the date drop-down, select to the relevant date.
- From the camera drop-down, select the device for which you'd like to view recordings.
- From the time zone list, select the relevant time zone by which you'd like to navigate.
If you're in New York, the default that appears here is EST, your local time zone. If you'd like to review events according to noon GMT time, select GMT from the drop-down list and then navigate to noon on the timeline.
- From the quality drop-down, you can choose to watch or download the recording in Normal or High quality.
- From the time dropdown you can select the exact time you'd like to view.
- Once you filter for the camera and dates, move the slider to the red sections of the timeline for different recordings.
- When you've found the recording you're looking for, click PLAY.
The video loads in the center of the pane. Click the play and pause buttons as necessary.
- Click the Down Arrow icon to download the selected video. Use the dropdown box to select how many seconds before the Event you want to capture in the downloaded video.
- Click SWITCH TO FILE VIEW to see a list of videos available by date and time.
Viewing information about Trips and Events from the Timeline View
- Hover over trip icons to view additional information:
- Individual event description and time
- If an icon has a number, hover over it to show a list of events during that time period.
- Hover over the vehicle icon to see trip time and driver name
To filter for recordings from File View
- From the main pane, click the SWITCH TO FILE VIEW link.
- Click the Date field to open the calendar and navigate to the date you need.
- Click the Time field to open the clock and choose the relevant hour.
- Click the Camera field and then choose the relevant camera.
- Click Filter to display the available recordings based on your settings.
The results appear in the same panel.The datetime stamp for events should be the datetime as set on your computer.
Click SWITCH TO TIMELINE to filter for recordings using the timeline view.