Group / Hierarchy
What is the purpose of the Groups page?
This section is where you can create your company Hierarchy in order to assign your resources (Vehicles & Drivers) to their appropriate group and level.
Where can I find the Groups page?
- First click in the main menu (on the left-hand side of the page) on “Settings Alerts & Locations” button
- Second click in the secondary menu (top of the page) on the category “More” button
- Third click in the category More on “Group” button
- You are now able (if created) to see your sites hierarchy.
Create or Rename a group
- To begin, click the Button next to the top group
- To rename a group, click the Button and select the option titled "Rename" and enter your company name. Once entered, click the Save button.
- To create a sub level to a group, click the Button and select the option titled "Create New Group" which will open a text box. Enter the relevant name and click the Save button.
- Continue in this way until all groups are created at their appropriate level. Once complete you can assign your resources (Vehicles & Drivers) to their group or level.
- You have the ability to easily amend your new hierarchy by clicking on any group, dragging it to the appropriate level and dropping it in.
- Users are then assigned a group level to manage and report on their resources accordingly.
Mass import groups
Import of new groups is done relative to the parent group name.
Step 1 - Create you group list
You can download a sample CSV Group Import Template by navigating to Settings, Alerts & Locations > More > Groups and clicking the Import button. This will display the "Download sample CSV file" button.
When you open the sample, it should look like this:
Once you complete your Group Import Template, you must save the file as CSV(Comma delimited).
- To import the file must be a CSV file format (in excel save as ‘CSV’)
- Then press "Save" to save your CSV document.
- The group list must be the first worksheet (Sheet 1).
- A CSV will only have one sheet.
- If converted from an excel file there might be more worksheets
- The group list must contains:
- Parent Group name
- Group name
Step 2 - Import your group list
- To import the file select "Import" from the group page
- "Browse" the file to import from the import group page
- Select the correct file and "Open" it
- Click on Import
Once the import is complete the summary shows:
- Total records contained in the file
- Total records imported
- Total invalid records