Mass import: Connect users
Step 1 - Create your list of users
- The file must be a CSV file format (in excel save as ‘CSV’)
- A template has been provided as an example on Connect.
- The users list must be the first worksheet (Sheet 1).
- A CSV will only have one sheet.
- If converted from an excel file there might be more worksheets
- The users list must contains:
- User name
- Full name
- Role Name
- Group Name
- The sample file contains a top (header) row in the CSV. You should not remove this row. Place your first user in the row below.
Step 2 - Import your list of users
- Select ‘Import’ in the Users page
- Then click on "Browse" (1) in the import Users page
- Browse for the correct file
- Once you have chosen a file to import, you will need to specify the web user settings (2)
- Click on "Import" button (3)
Once the import is complete the summary shows:
- Total records contained in the file
- Total records imported
- Total invalid records
- There is also a section dealing with invalid records. Pressing the button highlighted below enables you to download the records that have failed.